Thursday, August 27, 2009

This Is Not A Mirage

No, this is not a mirage. I am actually updating my blog, because we finally have the Internet set up in our new house!!! (I am not really sure why it took us so long to get it hooked up!) I hope to keep you all updated more often, but we will see how that goes now that my time is more limited with a new job:) This week I started to take care of another little boy, named Elijah, during the day. His mom and I were childhood friends and our parents have been friends for a long time. So far it has been going great, and Weston and I enjoy having the extra company during the day. The job will take me through most of the school year, but come March I will have to take some time off to welcome a new addition to our family... for those of you that haven't already heard, we are expecting a second child!!! We are very excited and surprised at how fast this pregnancy is going. We are already at the end of the first trimester (12 weeks), and besides being extra, extra tired the pregnancy has been going very well.
Oh, and as a little side note, I really like my doctor so far this time around. I wasn't crazy about the doctor I had when I was pregnant with Weston. I considered it a good thing when I actually met my doctor at this first appointment! (My first appointment last time I never even met my doctor- only his nurse.)
Those have been the biggest changes in our lives since my last blog, but we have also had some other blog worthy things that have happened:

1) Weston had his first official birthday party!




2) Tory gave us a little scare when we noticed a lump on her belly growing over the past couple months. She ended up having to have surgery to get it removed and luckily the tumor was benign.

3) We celebrated the marriage of my Uncle Craig and new Aunt Jessie:) It was a wonderful day and we loved getting to see lots of family.






4) Mike and I became godparents to our new nephew Xavier. We feel very honored to have this important role in his life! Xavier's twin brother, Izak, also was baptized and Mike's cousin, Aaron, and his wife are Izak's godparents.




5) Weston is now cutting his second molar and still no top front teeth! It will be interesting to see when those come in since he was suppose to get those before his molars:)
6) Lastly, here is a video of Weston being his goofey self:) By the way, the sound you hear him making is his laugh when he is super excited.


*To all my fellow bloggers: I spent all afternoon just catching up on reading every ones' blogs, so sorry for the lack of commenting! I hope to be better at that in the future too! Hopefully, it isn't a bad sign that it has taken me four days just to finish this post!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! A post!!!
    1. Eli is a cutie!
    2. Weston's cake is AWESOME! Way to go!
    3. Mike's brother looks soooo much like him!
    4. The video of Weston is so cute! But where on earth did he get that laugh! I've never heard anything like it before!!! What a goofball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I was so happy for you when Mike told me you were pregnant. We can't wait to see updates of the new baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Maria! I had no idea you were expecting again. I am so happy for you. It's always good to have a doctor you, first, can meet at your first appointment... but also like and trust. We love my OB- he's my all time favorite doctor- of any specialty. Weston is growing so fast. I didn't know he was walking- when did that happen? Good luck with the day care. Starting next week, I will be down to just my nephew which is such a relief! It's hard when there are several- all different ages. Hopefully Weston isn't territorial like my Elijah... that makes for some rough days :S
    Love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog update:) Weston's laugh is really quite something else-- he's just too funny sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, what can I say? First off congrats, I am so happy for you and Michael with another baby on the way! That cake that you made Weston was awesome and he is getting so big!! All the pictures were great and looks like your having fun with another baby around:) Great post!

    ReplyDelete